- Listed: February 17, 2012 6:33 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
You want to travel around Australia but are still hesitating between car sales or van sales? Buying Campervans Sydney has weighted the pros and cons for you!
- 1. The comfort
Vans, panel vans, mini bus, Hi-top vans or the classic hippie VW Kombic are cool and are more roomy than a wagon. They let you organise your stuff much better and they come sometimes with cooker and fridges. Also they provide a kind of a little home 🙂
Buying a van: 1 – Buying a car: 0
- 2. The price
For about 5000 dollars you get a 15 to 25-year old tired van. For about 5000 dollars you get a 10-year old car with a very reliable 6-cylinder Australian engine.
So if you buy a van – you have to spend at least 8000 dollars to get a good one, which will bring you relatively safely around Oz.
Buying a van: 1 – Buying a car: 1
- 3. The solidity
With a 4-liter 6 cylinder engine, Ford or Holden station wagons are never pushed to the limit and we see those cars with 600000KM and more and still going strong. Since 50 years they are the first choice of Australian people and taxi drivers.
The biggest issue with old vans is that compared to a Ford Station wagon they only have 4-cylinder engines which are weak. Those little engines have to work a lot harder to get you around Oz and they are about 70% less reliable than 6-cylinder engines. Also, a van should only be travelled with 2 people because of weight issues, as 4-cylinder engines will overheat by 40 degrees and too much weight in them.
Buying a van: 1 – Buying a car: 2
After years of experience in the travel industry of Australia, we think the best and easiest vehicle to travel around Oz is a Ford or Holden Station wagon. This cars are produced and engineered for Australian conditions – they are very strong, durable, reliable, cheap to fix, big (sleep two), and you can fill them up with backpacks and people, they just keep going 🙂
If you still hesitate and need any other information about car sales and van sales around Australia, just FREECALL us 0412766616 or send us an email.
Have a nice week-end 😉
Your Buying Campervans Sydney Team
6166 total views, 2 today
Top Ads Today:
- Toyota Hiace Ex-rental Campervan Sale – Used Campervans for Sale Australia (10 views)
- Used Campers for Sale Sydney Ex-Rental Toyota Hiace Campervan (8 views)
- How to Register a car in Australia for tourists (8 views)
- VW Campervan for sale in Sydney – Volkswagen Transporter T4 (6 views)
- 4×4 campervan for sale Sydney Australia (5 views)
- Used Camper for sale Sydney – Camper4sale (5 views)
- Used Toyota Hiace Campervan for sale Sydney |camper4sale (3 views)
- Ex-rental Campervan for sale in Sydney! (2 views)
- Used Toyota Hiace Campervans for sale Sydney (2 views)
- Used Toyota Campervan for sale Sydney – Toyota Tarago (2 views)